1. Salary and Education. How educated you are matters in your salary.
2. Salary and Gender. Right or wrong, it has been documented that men often make more than women for the same job.
3. Salary and Weight. This would be considered discrimination by law, but your weight can influence how others perceive you and your value.
4. Salary and Years of Experience. How long you’ve been in the workforce and/or in your particular industry matters.
5. Salary Band. Where you are in your company’s salary band can influence your next raise amount.
6. Peer Salary. What your colleagues make can definitely influence how much you get paid. Knowing what they make is a big factor.
And last, but most importantly…
7. Salary Negotiation. How well you negotiate at performance reviews or for new jobs can make a major impact on your lifetime earnings.
We at SpringRaise want you to know the seven salary influence factors so that you can manipulate them to your advantage. Spend some time here and you’ll find a wealth of information that can help you make more money now and throughout your career.
For FREE sample salary negotiation letters, just fill out the form below with the subject “Seven” and we’ll send them to you right away.